BJSS lacked a profile and perception within central government. It had not effectively worked with its central government clients to positively impact the company’s profile and perception.
- Grow BJSS’ brand profile with prospects in central government
- Build BJSS’ reputation through the media as a proven modernisation and transformation partner
- Increase knowledge of BJSS’ capability to deliver projects on time, whilst reducing costs and minimising vendor lock-in
- Demonstrate how BJSS’ is different from its competition
Typically, central government doesn’t like to talk about its IT projects.
- A ‘below the radar’ campaign that doesn’t attract prying eyes
- Earning the trust of public sector executives
- Playing to the personal aspirations of the DVSA’s technical director and building a campaign around him
- Generating content that demonstrates the brilliance of DVSA’s modernisation programme
- Relevant media outreach programme, securing press coverage that supports DVSA and BJSS
- Establishing the processes to help BJSS develop future central government references
One opinion article authored to the DVSA, one case study and one Q&A article.
- Information Age
- Government Computing
- Digitalisation World
- Public Spend Europe
- BETA News